Reports to: Project Foreman
Location: Specified Jobsite
Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. typical (Or other directed shift)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
Purpose of this position:
- The Journeyman Electrician is involved in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or modification of all electrical systems, circuits and equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties of this position:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position)
Included by not limited to:
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods
- Safely install conduit, complex wiring systems, and lighting fixtures in residences, factories or commercial buildings.
- Coordinates with assigned Foreman and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently
- Possess knowledge and skill of the equipment, methods, materials, practices, and tools used in the Electrical trade
- Knowledge of the common hazards and necessary safety precautions
- Ability to practice safety precautions, including the use of power tools and equipment consistent
with the electrical trade
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, diagrams
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) years previous relevant work experience as a licensed Journeyman
- Able to read and interpret blue prints and project specifications
- Performs work using material and worker requirements data
- Confers with supervisor to ensure production and personnel work well together.
- Individual ensures work has been installed correctly, inspects equipment and construction sites to verify safety and ensure that work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are adhered to.
- Verifies material and worker requirements to complete job.
- Makes sure proper tools and materials are on site to complete his task. If not, then advise supervisor.
- Reads specifications, such as blueprints and data, to determine construction requirements to complete task
- Analyzes and plans installation and construction of equipment and structures per the task being completed
- Locates, measures, and marks location and placement of fixtures, devices and equipment.
- Trains apprentices working with the individual in construction methods and operation of equipment when task permits while performing given tasks
- Recommends measures to improve production methods and equipment performance to increase efficiency and safety.
- Assists workers engaged in construction activities, using hand tools and equipment.
- Represent Pellman Electric Associates, LLC. in a professional manner and promote client service and satisfaction.
The physical requirements of this position listed below are necessary in carrying out the essential job functions:
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking, and 45% standing. The job is performed under many different temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.