Reports to: Project Manager and Project Foreman
Location: Specified Jobsite
Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
Purpose of this position:
- The Low Voltage Installer is involved in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or modification of all specialty systems, wiring and equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties of this position:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position)
Included by not limited to:
- Work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work individually and/or as TEAM player
- Work under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods
- Safely install conduit, complex specialty wiring systems, Fire alarm, Security, cameras, nurse call, phone/data, automations systems in residences, industrial or commercial applications.
- Coordinates with assigned Foreman and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently
- Possess knowledge and skill of the equipment, methods, materials, practices, and tools used in the Electrical and low voltage trade
- Able to read and interpret blue prints and project specifications
- Knowledge of the common hazards and necessary safety precautions
- Ability to practice safety precautions, including the use of power tools and equipment consistent with the electrical trade
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, diagrams
- Perform low voltage specialty wiring construction projects/tasks in a supervised or unsupervised environment.
- Have working knowledge of the National Electric Code and National Fire Code.
- Must be able to make proper decisions to complete a project/task. Must have excellent communications skills.
- Minimum of five (5) years previous relevant work experience as a certified Low Voltage Technician
We prefer to have the candidate with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical and low voltage wiring construction, Knowledge and experience with electrical theory, practices, materials and equipment of specialty wiring construction field.
- Must provide own hand tools, cordless kit, hard hat, safety glasses, electrical meter and code book.
- Must have valid driver’s license.