Reports to: Project Manager and/or General Field Superintendent
Location: 1133 Woodward Drive, Greensburg
Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Shift Varies upon project requirements)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
Purpose of this position:
The Foreman is primarily responsible for supervising and coordinating all the workings at a job site including that of a crew of electricians, apprentices and laborers. The Foreman will establish and adjust work timelines to meet the construction schedule for the project as well as organize and coordinate all project materials and equipment. The Forman will also ensure that all work installed is completed in accordance with the standards set forth by Pellman Electric. All work will be completed on budget, on time and in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
Responsibilities and Duties of this position:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position)
Included by not limited to:
- Work with minimal supervision
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines
- Coordinate labor requirements to ensure proper manpower staffing
- Obtains necessary supplies and materials in a timely manner to ensure proper job flow
- Identify project scope changes and prepare Change Orders for submittal and approval prior to commencing any such work
- Analyze and quickly resolve any issues that may arise and ensures that all deficiencies on any given project are corrected in a timely manner
- Complete a set of “as-built” drawings for each project
- Must be able to use specialized electrical tools such as but not limited to ohm meters, multi-meters, and terminating device
- Complete required forms and project documentation daily and submit to the office
- Conduct safety meetings with staff
- Monitor attendance of workforce, reporting infractions to the office for proper documentation and progressive discipline
- Organizing and planning a construction project
- Inspecting installations for quality
- Making sure code standards are met
- Ensuring job safety
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with co-workers, management, direct reports, customers and suppliers
- Must be able to read and comprehend blue prints
- Must be able to work with very little or no supervision and make decisions accordingly
- Effective time management
- Teamwork and delegation
The physical requirements of this position listed below are necessary in carrying out the essential job functions:
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Generally, the job requires significant sitting, walking and standing.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- The job is performed under some temperature extremes and in a generally hazard-free environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.