Reports to: President
Location: 1133 Woodward Drive, Greensburg
Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (start and finish times varies upon customer/project requirements)
FLSA Status: Salary
Purpose of this position:
- The overall purpose of the Service Manager position is to control the time, cost and quality of small construction projects, service work and maintenance work while planning and coordinating all phases of the process from start to finish. The Service Manager will confer with service techs and other electricians to monitor the project progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes. In ensuring that a project is completed according to schedule, the Service Manager must resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delays.
Responsibilities and Duties of this position:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position)
Included by not limited to:
- Work with minimal supervision
- Schedule the service calls and small projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. Adjust service calls and or small projects based on importance or emergency situations
- Coordinate labor requirements to ensure proper manpower staffing
- Obtains necessary supplies and materials in a timely manner to ensure proper job flow
- Ensure service trucks are stocked properly and efficiently with materials and tools
- Ensure that the service call or small construction project complies with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements
- Ensures compliance with workplace Safety, Environmental and all State and Federal regulations
- Provide primary line of communication with client
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients
- Manage project budget and controls expenses effectively
- Coordinate with all other crafts working on a job site to ensure smooth transitions.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to President and Field Operations Manager
- Set clear goals and expectations to lead service tech
- Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns
- When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects
- Manage all jobs closeout procedures
- Meet sales and profit goals
- Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement
- Provide coaching/counseling to service techs
- Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with co-workers, management, direct reports, customers and suppliers
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematics proficiently
- Must be able to work with very little or no supervision and make decisions accordingly
- Effective time management
- Teamwork and delegation
- Ten years of Electrical Construction Industry experience with a minimum of five years in management
- Literate in electrical design/codes, computers, accounting, business, contracts and construction law
- General knowledge of construction industry
- Electrical estimating experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capacity to set priorities, organize, handle detail while juggling multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with legal aspects pertinent to contracts and completion of projects.
- Self-motivated with proven track record of delivery and execution.
The physical requirements of this position listed below are necessary in carrying out the essential job functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.